The History and Antiquities of the County Palatine of Durham: Volume 2, Chester Ward. Originally published by Nichols and Son, London, 1820.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
The boundaries of Chester Ward on the North and East are the same as those of the County. On the East the German Ocean, and on the North the Tyne, Darwent, and Milkwell-burn (with a short intervening imaginary line), dividing it from Northumberland. On the North-West Chester Ward runs up to a narrow point conterminous with Darlington Ward, from which it is divided by an imaginary line, and in part by the course of the Derness on the South-West. The Wear forms the South and South-Eastern boundary.
|CHESTER WARD contains the Parishes of||MONK-WEARMOUTH||1|
|ST. HILD'S, or SOUTH SHIELDS (Chapelry)||94|
|CHESTER-LEE-STREET (fn. 1)||136|
|(fn. 2)||ST. OSWALD'S in the Suburbs of Durham.|
|ST. MARGARET'S (Chapelry).|