P. 10. note b, read more prophetic than any Vox Piscis, &c.
20. line 5, 6, read who died 1586d. To the same John, Ralph Hutton, &c.
67. text, line 11 from bottom, for cessit, read cepit.
76. Vicars, for Joseph Nicholson, read John.
91. Pedigree, read Robert Brus, sixth of the name, Competitor, &c.—Robert, grandson of the Competitor, crowned King of Scotland.
92. line 2, read seventh of the name.—line 9, eighth of the name.—line 23, read Lochmaben.
93. note a, line 3, for Carlisle, read Berwick.
144. text, last line but two, for tenier, read terrier.
153. last line but four, for scat-house, read seat-house.
154. note h, read original source of Davies's Rites and Monuments.
155. note, last line but one, read have the arms been capriciously carved, &c.
228. line 10, for Ralph read Richard Surteys.
Ib. note i, for Appendix, read next page.
234. Pedigrees of Surtees, for Gosford del Serth, read Gosford del South.
236. Pedigree of Place, read Mauger Vavasour; and p. 237, for Spemthorne, read Spenithorne.
289. lines 30, 31, for Botcherly, read Botcherby.
309. line 16, read wife of Nicholas de Burnynghill.
336. line 20, read facit.
341. line 6, reliquiæ.—line 7, decessit.
342. note t, read son of William Rudd, Esq. Counsellor at Law. He (Edward) married Lætitia, &c.
398. line 16, for aucreparia, read aucuparia.
401. text, line 18 from bottom, read hereditario.
407. text, 10 lines from bottom, read perquirentur.
411. erase the correction of note to Crosier Pedigree.
413. text, 14 lines from bottom, viginti.