Journal of the House of Commons: Volume 1, 1547-1629. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1802.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
Mercurii, 29o Januarii, 1605
1. Reading: - THE Bill to reform Abuses in impanneling of Juries, at Westminster, and at the Assizes.
1. Reading: - The Bill for the better Execution of sundry Statutes, touching Purveyors, and Car-takers.
In the Bill of Fees, it is ordered, that, upon the second Reading, the Counsel of divers Officers shall be heard at the Bar: - Saturday the Day appointed.
Assurance of Lands.
2. Reading: - The Bill touching Bonds upon the Assurance and Conveyance of Lands and Tenements.
Mr. Brooke of Hampshire, the Lawyer, contra:
Mr. Fuller contra : -
Committed to Mr. Secretary Herbert, Mr. Solicitor, Mr. Fuller, Sir Chro. Brook of York, Sir Rob. Johnson, Sir H. Nevill, Mr. Hyde, Sir Roger Owen, Sir John Savill, Mr. Hare, Mr. Overbury, Sir Edw. Grevill, Mr. Hoskins, Mr. Martin, Sir Geo. Moore, Sir Rob. Miller, Sir John Bennett, Sir Nath. Bacon, Sir Herbert Crofts, Sir Edm. Bowyer, Sir Rob. Oxenbridge, Sir Walter Cope, Sir Edw. Herbert, Sir Tho. Maunsell, Sir John Trevor, Sir Tho. Holcroft, Mr. Wyseman, Sir Tho. Freak, Sir Robert Napper, Sir John Boys : - Tuesday, Exchequer Chamber.
Mr. Speaker reporteth a Commandment from his Majesty, that the King accepteth and approveth the Intentions of the House in their Endeavours touching Religion, and wisheth a speedy Proceeding, that Particulars may not hinder such great Causes as are to come in.
Inmates; Radipoll: - Wednesday, Chequer Chamber.
2. Reading: - The Bill for the better Observing, and Keeping holy the Sabaoth Day, or Sunday: - Committed to the Lord Howard of Walden, Mr. Secretary Herbert, Sir John Heigham, Mr. Fuller, Sir Fr. Eure, Sir Vincent Skynner, Sir Jho. Biggs, Sir H. Goodyeare, Sir Wm. Liggon, Sir Henry Nevill, Sir Edw. Mountague, Sir Fr. Barrington, Mr. Wyseman, Sir Tho. Smyth, Sir John Boys, Sir Edw. Grevill, Sir Timo. Whittington, Sir Wm. Stroud, Sir Geo. Moore, Sir Jerome Horsey, Sir Tho. Maunsell, Sir Geo. St. Poll, Sir John Hungerford, Sir Edm. Sheffield, Mr. Alford, Sir Wm. Wray, Sir Tho. Beamount, Sir Rob. Maunsell, Sir Rob. Wingfield, Mr. D. James, Sir Edw. Herbert, Sir Nich. Saunders, Sir Antho. Rowse, Sir Nath. Bacon, Sir Rol. Litton, Mr. Good: - Monday, Chequer Chamber.
2. Reading: - The Bill for the Naturalizing of Dan Godfrey, of the Parish of St. Buttolphes without Algate, Gentleman : - Committed : - Sir John Swynnerton, Sir H. Billingsley, Mr. Recorder, Mr. Martin, Sir Tho. Smyth, Sir John Smyth, Sir John Scott, Sir Chro. Perkins, Mr. Fuller, Sir Walter Cope: - Monday, Chequer
Chamber. - Warning to Mr. Godfrey to come at the Committee.