Journal of the House of Commons: Volume 1, 1547-1629. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1802.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
Mercurii, 12 Die Martii, 1605
Leave of Absence.
HALL, Burgess of Stanford, hath Leave to depart.
Henry Bryers, Burgess for Norwich, is licensed by the House to depart.
1. Reading: - B. For Confirmation of the King's Majesty's Letter's Patents, made to the Provost and Scholars of Oryell College in Oxford.
2. Reading: - B. For Sale of certain Lands of Edward Downes Esquire, for Payment of his Debts: - Upon the Question, to be ingrossed.
Mr. Wyseman bringeth in [a], from the Committee, the Bill for Assurance of Copyhold Lands; - from the Committee, with Opinion that they thought fit it should be suppressed, and a new one drawn; which was brought in by him, with the same Title that the other had.
Sir Rob. Johnson bringeth in the Bill touching Maintaining of Cottages, &c. from the Committee; the Amendments read; and ordered to be ingrossed.
3. Reading: - Act to enable all his Majesty's loving Subjects of England and Wales, to trade freely into the Dominions of Spayne,Portugall,and France; - Upon the Question, passed.
3. Reading: - Act for Explanation of the Statute of Sewers : - Upon the Question, passed.
3. Reading : - Act touching Wherrymen and Watermen : - Upon the Question, passed.
3. Reading: - Act for the Naturalizing of Daniel Godfrey, of the Parish of St. Bultolphes without Aldgate, Gentleman;- - Upon the Question, passed.
3. Reading: - Act for the Restitution in Blood of John Holland, Son of Bryan Holland, and Tho. Holland; - Upon the Question, passed.
Mr. Hare maketh Report of the Amendments in the Bill of Purveyors, from the Committee: The Amendments read, and put to Question. - Mr. Recorder taketh some Exception to a Clause against London. - Upon the Question, to be ingrossed.
Mr. Overberry bringeth in the Bill against Weares, from the Committee, with Amendments; but, because the Amendments were long, deferred till To-morrow Morning.