Journal of the House of Commons: Volume 1, 1547-1629. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1802.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
Lunae, 31 Martii, 1606
1. et 2. Reading: - ACT for the better Discovery of Popish Recusants, and to reform and reduce the said Recusants, their Wives, Children, and Servants, to the true Religion established within this Realm, &c. - Committed to the former Committees for the other Bill, for the Preservation of the King's Subjects in their due Obedience.
1. Reading: - B. To enable Sir Christofer Hatton, Knight, to dispose of certain Lands, Tenements, and Hereditaments, notwithstanding a Limitation or Clause of Perpetuity annexed to his Estate.
Bill of Drunkenness, and Bastards, appointed on &c. Wednesday, 2o Aprilis.
3. Reading: - B. To restrain the Transportation of coloured Cloths undressed: - And, upon the Question, passed,
2. Reading :-The Bill for the new Making up and Keeping in Reparation of Chepstewe Bridge: - Committed to Mr. Secretary Herbert, Knights and Burgesses of South Wales, Burgesses and Knights of Wiltshire, Sir Herb. Crofts, Mr. James, Mr. Hoskins, Sir John Hungerford, Mr. Pembridge, Sir Roger Owen, Sir Nath. Bacon, Sir Rob. Johnson, Mr. Oldsworth, Sir H. Poole, Mr. Pulleston, Burgesses of Gloucester, Mr. Panton, Mr. Yelverton, Knights of Glocestershire, Sir Edw. Grevill, Sir James Perrott, Sir Rob. Knolles, Mr. Upton, Burgesses of Bristowe, Sir Rich. Lovelace, Sir Fr. Barrington : - Thursday, Chequer Chamber.
Leave of Absence.
Sir Rob. Drury, upon Sir John Heigham's Motion, being informed to be sick of a burning Fever, hath Leave to depart.
3. Reading: - The Bill for bringing in of Wines in seasonable Time, and against falsifying of Wines : - Upon the Question, passed.
3. Reading: - The Bill touching Spinsters and Weavers : - Upon the Question, rejected.
The Form of a Letter brought from the Committees, for Recalling of the Absent: - Read in the House, and much disputed.
Sir Nath. Bacon: - That a Day might be prefixed for the Calling of the House: - The Letter to stay.
Sir Tho. Holcroft: - That it will be a Scandal, to shew, what we have done is done with so small Number.
Call of the House.
Wednesday come-sennight, the House, in the Afternoon, to be called.