Journal of the House of Commons: Volume 1, 1547-1629. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1802.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
Lunae, 27o Februarii, 1580
2. The Bill touching the Examination of Witnesses in Towns Corporate. - The second Reading; and ordered to be ingrossed.
2. The Bill for the Mayor, Bailiffs, and Commonalty, of the City of Coventrie. - The second Reading; and ordered to be ingrossed.
Formedon in Descender.
1. 2. nova. The Bill for Limitation of Formedon in Descender, twice read ; and ordered to be ingrossed.
3. The Bill for Relief of the Borough of New Woodstocke. - The third Reading; and dashed, upon the Question.
The Two Bills last passed are sent up to the Lords by Mr. Comptroller and others.
The Bill touching Lessees of Tenants in Tail. - The second Reading; and committed unto Sir Thomas Sampole, Mr. Sands, Mr. Ameredeth, Mr. Crumwell, Mr. Edward Stanhope, and Mr. Shirley: To meet this Afternoon in the Chequer-chamber, at Two of the Clock. Delivered to Mr. Crumwell.
The Bill for the City of Carlioll. - The second Reading; and committed unto Mr. Comptroller, Mr. Knight Marshal, Sir Henry Knyvett, Sir John Dawney, Sir Edward Horsey, Sir Rob. Stapleton, Sir Henry Gate,
Sir Thomas Boynton, Mr. Garnett, Mr. Warcopp, Mr. Broughton, Mr. Pattenson, Mr. Newdigate, Mr. Grymston, Mr. Norton, Mr. Layton, and Mr. Barne: To meet upon Wednesday next, at Two of the Clock in the Afternoon, in the Chequer-chamber.
Mr. Serjeant Anderson and Mr. Doctor Barcley do bring Word from the Lords, that their Lordships have appointed to meet with the Committees of this House at the Court in the Council-chamber, at Two of the Clock in the Afternoon, touching the Bill of disobedient Subjects.
It is Ordered thereupon, That for this time, that the former Committees with some others now added, and no more, shall attend the Lords To-morrow in the Afternoon, according to the Message brought from their Lordships in the Bill for Religion.
Family of Love, Hereticks.
1. 2. nova. 2de The Bill for Punishment of the Hereticks called the Family of Love, twice read; and committed unto Mr. Comptroller, Mr. Vicechamberlain, Mr. Chancellor of the Exchequer, Mr. Secretary Wilson, Mr. Treasurer of the Chamber, Sir Thomas Sampole, Sir William Moore, Sir Henry Knyvett, Sir John Dawney, Sir William Wynter, Mr. Beale, Mr. Serjeant Flowredewe, Mr. Crumwell, Mr. Norton, Mr. Thomson, Mr. Edw. Lewknor, Mr. Digges, and Mr. Stafforde: To meet upon Wednesday next, in the Chequer-chamber, at Two ot the Clock in the Afternoon.
Call of the House.
It is Ordered, That the House be called again, upon Saturday next, at Two of the Clock in the Afternoon.