Journal of the House of Commons: Volume 1, 1547-1629. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1802.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
Jovis, 23o Die Januarii
Member chosen Sheriff.
SIR, John Peyton Knight for Cambr. returned the last Session, and being since chosen Sheriff; Mr. Speaker moveth, whether he shall attend his Service here. Resolved, He shall attend; upon Question in the House.
Committed to Sir Nath. Bacon, Mr. Dannet, Sir Tho. Smyth, Sir Edw. Hobby, Sir Warwick Heale, Sir John Heigham, Sir Tho. Waller, Mr. Alford, Sir Tho. Ridgeway, Sir Tho. Hobby, Sir Tho. Freak, Sir Tho. Bishop, Knights for Suffolk and Norfolk, Mr. Upton, Sir H. Billingsley, Mr. Adrian Staughton, Mr. Prowse, Mr. Bag, Mr. Yaxley: - Saturday, Chequer Chamber.
Building Inmates, &c.
2. Reading: - The Bill for Sale of certain Lands of Sir Jonathan Trelawny Knight, deceased, for the Payment of his Debts : - Committed to Sir Tho. Ridgeway, Sir Wm. Stroud, Mr. Fr. Moore, Mr. Seymour, Mr. Martin, Sir Henry Hubbard, Mr. Hare, Sir Fr. Popham, Sir Jo. Heigham, Sir Warwick Heale, Mr. Hyde, Sir Tho. Hobby, Sir Fr. Bacon : - Saturday, Temple Hall.
Yearly Thanksgiving on 5 Nov.
2. Reading: - The Bill for a publick Thanksgiving to be given to Almighty God, every Year, on the fifth Day of November: - Committed to Mr. Secretary Herbert, Sir Edw. Mountague, Mr. Solicitor, Sir Fr. Hastings, Sir Herbert Crofts, Sir Roger Aston, Sir Fr. Bacon, Sir Vincent Skynner, Sir Rob. Wingfield, Sir James Perrot, Sir Tho. Ridgeway, Sir Geo. St. Poll, Sir John Bennett, Sir Tho. Hobby, Sir Antho. Rous, Sir Geo. Moore, Sir Roger Owen, Sir Fr. Barrington, Mr. Winch, Sir H. Billingsley: - And presently met in the Committee Chamber; but adjourned till the next Morning, in the same Place.
2. Reading: - The Bill of Confirmation of Leases against Patentees of the Inheritance : - Mr. Secretary Herbert, Mr. Solicitor, Sir Henry Mountague, Sir Rob. Knolles, Sir Edwyn Sandys, Sir Rob. Wingfield, Mr. Brook, Mr. Lawrence Hyde, Sir Fr. Bacon, Sir Tho. Holcroft, Sir Wm. Liggon, Sir Henry Nevill, Mr. Fr. Tate, Sir Oliver St. John, Sir Geo. Moore, Mr. Crewe, Mr. Yelverton, Mr. Hoskins, Mr. Fr. Moore, Sir Dan. Dun, Sir Roger Aston, Mr. Wyseman, Sir Geo. Selby, Sir Tho. Grantham, Sir Rob. Stapleton, Mr. Talbot Bowes, Mr. Fuller, Sir John Hollys, Sir John Hungerford, Sir Fr. Fane, Sir Rob. Johnson, Sir Roland Litton, Sir John Mallory, Sir
Parson of Radipoll.
2. Reading: The Bill for the Relief of the Parson of Radipoll. Radipoll, in the County of Dorsett: - Committed to Sir Fr. Hastings, Sir Tho. Freak, Sir Jo. Williams, Sir Jerome Horsey, Mr. Hoskins, Mr. Bag, Sir Dan. Dun, Mr. Buddon, Sir Rob. Miller, Mr. Martin, Mr. Edw. Manne, Sir John Bennett, Sir Edw. Grevill, Sir Edw. Hext, Mr. Wentworth, Sir Roland Litton, Sir Gamaliel Capell, Sir Tho. Smyth, Mr. D. Steward, Mr. John Spycer, Mr. Spycer, Sir Chro. Perkins, Mr. Lawrence Hyde: - The Middle Temple, Wednesday.
Thetford School, &c.
2. Reading: - The Bill for the Confirming and Establishing of the Foundation of a School and Alms-house in Thetford, in the County of Suffolk, &c. - Committed to Sir Nath. Bacon, Sir Fr. Bacon, Sir H. Mountague, D. Steward, Sir John Heigham, Mr. Dannett, Sir John Bennett, Sir Wm. Paddy, Sir Rob. Townsend, Sir Henry Hubbard, Sir Bassingborne Gawdy, Mr. John Hare, Mr. Oxborough, Sir Rob. Maunsell, Mr. Wyseman, Mr. Serjeant Barker: - Thursday next. Chequer Chamber.