Journal of the House of Commons: Volume 1, 1547-1629. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1802.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
Martis, primo Aprilis, 1606
2. Reading: - -B. FOR the Sale of some of the Lands of Tho. Mounpesson Esquire, for Payment of his Debts . - Committed to Sir H. Poole, Sir Oliver St. John, Sir Nath. Bacon, Mr. Gawyn, Sir Wm. Paddy, Sir John Heigham, Mr. Alexander Tutt, Sir Hugh Beeston, Sir Edm. Carye, Sir Walter Vaughan, Sir Francis Popham, Mr. Dyett, Sir John Boys, Mr. Tate, Sir H. Bainton, Sir Rob. Wingfield, Sir Tho. Horsman, Mr. Upton. Mr. Martin, Mr. Doyley, Sir Tho. Freak, Mr. Yelverton, Mr. Diggs, Sir John Heigham: - Friday.
2. Reading: - Bill for the Ratifying and Confirmation of Letters Patents granted by the King's Majesty for the Incorporating of Pinners, &c. - Committed to Mr. Recorder, Mr. Gore, Mr. Gawyn, Sir Rob. Johnson, Mr. Wyseman, Mr. Dyett, Sir Walter Cope, Mr. Tolderby, Mr. Pory, Sir Tho. Smyth, Sir Peter Manwood, Mr. Hugh Middleton, Mr. Serjeant Shirley, Mr. Wymark, Mr. Rob. Middleton, Mr. Prowse, Sir H. Billingsley, Sir Roger Owen, Sir Edw. Mountague, Sir Edw. Grevill, Sir Gam. Capell, Mr. Martin, Sir Rich. Bulkley, Sir Geo. Fleetwood, Sir Tho. Freak, Mr. Hadds, Sir Wm. Herrick, Mr. Blinco, Sir Wm. Strowd; - Friday.
2. Reading: - B. For the better Direction. of Ecclesiastical Proceedings: - Committed to Privy Council, the King's learned * *, Sir Wm. Stroud, Sir Fr. Barrington, Sir Fr. Goodwyn, Mr. Yelverton, Sir H. Poole, Mr. Alford, Sir Edm. Carye, Sir Jerome Horsey, Sir Geo. Moore, Sir Dan. Dun, Mr. St. John, Mr. Crewe, Mr. D. James, Sir John Hungerford, Sir John Scott, Sir Wm. Killigrew, Sir Edw. Mountague, Sir Edw. Sandys, Sir Tho. Smyth, Sir Wm. Wray, Mr. Fuller, Sir Geo. St. Poll, Sir Wm. Burlacy, Sir Oliver St. John, Sir Christofer Perkins, Sir Fr. Hastings, Sir Geo. Fleetwood, Mr. Hadds, Sir Edw. Grevill, Sir Tho. Freak, Sir Rob. Wingfield, Sir Tho. Beamount, Sir Wm. Liggon, Sir Wm. Stroud, Sir John Heigham, Mr. Yong: - Friday.
Justices of the Peace.
2. Reading: - Bill for Cap. utlagatum to be awarded by Justices of Peace, upon Indictments before themselves : - Committed to Sir Geo. Moore, Sir Edw. Mountague, Sir Nich. Saunders, Sir John Heigham, Serjeant Shirley, Sir Wm. Burlacy, Sir Rich. Bulkley, Mr. Solicitor, Sir Oliver St. John, Mr. Holt, Mr. Yelverton, Sir H. Hubbard, Sir Chro. Perkins, Sir Roger Owen, Mr. Wyseman, Mr. Fr. Moore, Mr. Prowse, Mr. Alford, Sir John Boys, Mr. Bond: - Saturday.
2. Reading: - . B. To ease the Country for conveying Malefactors to the Gaol, &c. - Committed to Mr. Oldsworth, Mr. Pembridge, Sir Rob. Wingfield, Sir Geo. Moore, Sir Wm. Stroud, Mr. Alford, Sir Rob. Johnson: - The former Committee, with Addition: - Saturday.
Mr. Wentworth moveth for a Day of Meeting of the Committee for the Bill for the Satisfying of due Debts: Which is appointed on Monday.
B. For the Providing of a learned Ministry, brought in from the Committee by Mr. Wentworth, with Amendments , and, upon the Question, ordered to be ingrossed.
B. For the Transporting of Beer over Seas, brought in by Sir Nath. Bacon from the Committees, with Amendments , and, upon the Question, ordered to be ingrossed.
1. Reading: - Bill for Reformation of unlawful Fishing.
1. Reading: - Bill concerning the Election of the Members of the * * *
2. Reading: - Bill of Restitution of Roland Merrick, Son of Sir Gilley Merrick Knight, &c. - The Privy Council, the King's learned Counsel, Mr. Pembridge, Mr. Dyett, Mr. Hoskins.
(The Fountain of Mercy and Bounty to be put out.) Sir Tho. Mansell, Mr. Stepney, Sir James Perrott, Sir Wm. Stroud, Sir Rich. Verney, Sir Rob. Knolles, Sir H.
Nevill, Sir Tho. Smyth, Sir Oliver St. John, Sir Rob. Mansell, Sir Fr. Popham, Sir Warwick Heale, Mr. Oldsworth, Sir Wm. Lowre - Monday, Court of Wards.
Sir Henry Mountague bringeth in the Bill touching Inmates; and, upon the Question, much disputed : - Mr. Dyett, Sir Rob. Johnson, Mr. Hoskins, Sir John Hobart, Sir H. Mountague, Sir Rob. Wingfield, Sir Walter Cope: - Rejected.
Mr. Martin bringeth in a new Bill to avoid the double Payment of Debts, &c.
Ld. Chandos' Estate.
1. Reading: - The Bill for establishing the Lands of the Lord Chandos, &c.
2. Reading. - Bill concerning the Sale of Wares in Market Towns. - Mr. Alford against it. The House divided upon the Question of Commitment ; and, upon the Question, rejected.