Journal of the House of Commons: Volume 1, 1547-1629. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1802.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
Jovis, 3o Die Aprilis
2. Reading: - THE Bill to enlarge the Statutes now in Force against Usury: - Committed to the Burgesses of Port Towns, Sir Roger Owen, Sir Edw. Grevill, Sir Oliver St. John, Mr. Wymark, Sir Hugh Beeston, Sir Rich. Spencer, Sir Tho. Grantham, Mr. Fr. Nevill, Sir Geo. Moore, Sir Edwyn Sandys, Mr. Fuller, Sir Tho. Smyth, Mr. Wyseman, Mr. Wentworth, Mr. Winch, Sir H. Poole, Sir Chro. Perkins, Mr. Brook, Mr. Serjeant Shirley, Mr. Tate, Mr. D. James, Sir John Heigham, Mr. James, Sir Maurice Berkley, Mr. Holt, Mr. Hackwell, Sir John Savill, Sir Fr. Barrington, Sir Gam. Capell: - Tuesday.
2. Reading : - B. For the better Suppressing of Tipling-houses, to restrain Brewers to utter their strong Beer and strong Ale to Alehouse-keepers, and Tiplers not licensed : - Committed : - Burgesses of both Universities, Sir H. Hubbard, Sir Rich. Lovelace, Sir Rob. Johnson, Mr. Alford, Mr. Fuller, Burgesses of Yarmouth, Sir Anth. Cope, Southwark, Sir H. Billingsley, Sir Tho. Freak, Mr. Chapman; Sir Jerome Horsey, Sir Wm. Stroud: - Tuesday.
Mr. Dammett bringeth in a new Bill against Suits by Informers.
2. Reading: - B. For the Liberty of free Trade into all Countries : - Committed to * * Council, King's learned Counsel, Sir Chro. Perkins, Sir H. Hubbard, Sir H. Nevill, Mr. Alford, Mr. Gore, Sir Tho. Smyth, Sir Oliver Cromwell, Sir Dan. Dun, Sir Nath. Bacon, Sir Tho. Lake, Sir Edw. Grevill, Mr. Ro. Middleton, Sir Geo. Moore, Sir Edwyn Sandys, Sir Walter Cope, Mr. Tolderby, Sir Roger Owen, Mr. Fanshawe, Sir H. Billingsley, Sir Percyvall Willoughby, Sir Fr. Goodwyn, Sir Rob. Mansell, Sir Jerome Horsey, Mr. Martin, Sir Nich. Saunders, Mr. Wright, Mr. Yelverton, Sir Wm. Stroud, Sir Jerome Bowes, Sir Oliver St. John, Sir Rich. Spencer, Sir Wm. Wray, Mr. Percyvall, Sir John Savill, Sir Maurice Berkley, Sir Edw. Mountague, Sir John Scott, Mr. Fuller, Mr. Moore, Mr. James, Sir Gam. Capell, Burgesses of Port Towns, Sir Tho. Knevett: - Thursday.
2. Reading: - B. For Reformation of unlawful Fishing: - Committed to Lord Buckhurst, Sir Barnard Whitston, Sir Geo. Rivers, Mr. Bowyer, Mr. Dammett, Mr. Serjeant Shirley, Sir Rob. Wingfield, Sir Nich. Saunders, Sir Rich. Spencer, Mr. Alford, Sir Tho. Maunsell, Sir Nath. Bacon, Sir John Boys, Sir Wm. Stroud, Mr. Tregenna, Sir Tho. Ridgway, Sir John Shirley, Mr. Blinco, Burgesses of Port Towns, Sir Peter Manwood, Sir Gam. Capell, Sir James Perrott: - Friday,
1. Reading: - Bill for Repealing of a Branch of a Statute concerning the Price of Wines.
Grievances: - To-morrow.
Bill touching Abuses of Players, brought in from the Committee by Mr. Fuller; amended; and to be ingrossed.
Sir Fr. Hastings bringeth in the Letter to be sent to Sheriffs.
Mr. Speaker bringeth a Message from the King: -
Approveth the Recalling of the Members; wisheth. -
Letters of Commandment of the Sheriffs he liketh not:
- Command his Officers. - An Innovation. -
He will do any thing in his own Power. -
Hopeth they will enter into no Innovation.
Mr. Martin: - That the King's Proclamation may be sent, for the Recalling of the Members of this House.
Mr. Rainscroft: - That Mr. Speaker might send a Warrant for the Proclamation.
Mr. Speaker: - If new Matter come in, we may stay the Proceedings.
Sir Edward Sandys, for the Proclamation.
Sir John Savill, for this Letter, and the King's Letter to accompany it.
Sir Wm. Paddy: - Proclamation, expressing that it is with the Consent of the House.
Committee to meet To-morrow, and to consider first of all these Projects,
2. Reading . - Bill for the Chusing of Knights and Burgesses to serve in Parliament, &c.
Bill concerning the Election of the Members of the Commons House of Parliament: - Committed to -
Mr. Martin: - Some Course for * * * *
Privy Council, King's Counsel, Sir Geo. Moore, Sir John Savill, Sir John Scott, Sir H. Nevill, Burgesses of Winchester, Sir Tho. Challoner, Sir Edwyn Sandys, Sir Maurice Berkley, Mr. Brook, Sir H. Nevill, Sir Jerome Horsey, Mr. Yelverton, Mr. Wyseman, Sir Rich. Verney, Mr. Serjeant Shirley, Sir John Boys, Sir Rob. Johnson, Sir Antho. Cope, Sir Wm. Stroud, Sir Nich. Saunders, Sir Rob. * *, Sir Fr. Goodwyn, Mr. D. James, Mr. Durdent, Sir Rob. Maunsell. Sir H. Hubbard, Mr. Recorder, Sir Tho. Knevett, Sir Oliver Cromwell, Sir Tho. Bishop, Mr. Hackwill, Sir Barnard Whytston, Mr. Pembridge, Sir Edw. Grevill, Mr. Hoskins, Mr. Wentworth, Sir Tho. Ridgeway, Mr. Alford, Sir H. Poole, Sir H. Bromley, Sir Rob. Wingfield, Mr. Winch, Mr. Prowse, Sir Geo. Smyth, Mr. Cole, Sir Wm. Morrice, Sir Herbert Crofts, Sir James Perrott, Mr. Panton, Sir Tho. Maunsell, Mr. Jones: - Monday, Parliament-house.
Bill sent to Lords.
Sent to the Lords :
Coloured Cloths undressed.
Falsifying of Wines.
2. Learned Ministry. -
Commendation of those Bills noted [a] - Sent by Sir Fr. Hastings.
Proviso to the Bill of Transporting of Beer, to be brought in, ingrossed.
Attainder - Gunpowder Plot.
Lord Chief Baron, Mr. Baron Snig, Tanfield, Savill, Crook, Stanhope, Swale, bring from the Lords, Bill, of Attainder, specially recommended, for the Weight, for Expedition.
Sir Rob. Johnson bringeth in the Bill against Bastards; with a Desire, it may lie still. - Nothing done in it.
Highways. - Committee on Tuesday.
Mr. Wyseman: - That the Bill for Misnaming of Corporations may be taken in again.
2. Reading: - Bill for the Naturalizing of Sir Edw. Conwaye's Children: - Sir Tho. Challoner, Sir Rich. Verney, Sir Edw. Jones, Sir Wm. Lowre, Sir John Hollice, Sir Herbert Crofts, Sir Rob. Mansfield, Sir John Trevor, Mr. Trevor, Mr. William Jones, Mr. Solicitor, Sir H. Hubbard, Mr. Fuller, Sir John Shirley, Sir Barnard Whitston, Mr. Tate, Mr. Serjeant Shirley, Sir Wm. Skipwith, Sir Tho. Holcroft; - Tomorrow Morning, Committee Chamber.
Marshalsea: - Sir Tho. Holcroft: - Mr. Winch to be added: - Mr. Brook, Mr. Barker, Mr. Hackwill.