Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae 1066-1300: Volume 9, the Welsh Cathedrals (Bangor, Llandaff, St Asaph, St Davids). Originally published by Institute of Historical Research, London, 2003.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
LIST 27 PREBENDARIES OF FAENOL
Preb. certainly in existence, called Faenol, by 12 Apr. 1295 (Willis, St Asaph II 75). Preb. annexed to precentory by 1357 (2 Fasti XI 42).
Part of township of Faenol called 'preb. of Thomas the pr.' in 14th cent. (see 2 Fasti XI 42 and n. 2). Church of Tremeirchion belonged to preb., held by Thomas the pr. 1291, with church of Llangernyw (all Clwyd) (Taxatio pp. 287a, 288a; cf. Valor IV 435a-b, 440b).
Valuation 1291 £16 13s. 4d. (Taxatio p. 288a).
Thomas the priest
Occ. as this preb. 1291 (Taxatio pp. 287a, 288a). Prob. prec. (above, list 22).