Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae 1541-1857: Volume 6, Salisbury Diocese. Originally published by Institute of Historical Research, London, 1986.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
PREBENDARIES OF COOMBE AND HARNHAM
Coll. 3 Feb. 1523 (D1/2/14 f. 93v). D. by 2 July 1549 (burial, St. Margaret, Westminster) (Memorials of St. Margaret's Church, Westminster, ed. A. M. Burke (London, 1914) p. 388; D1/2/16 pt. ii f. 40).
Pres. by John Mille, esquire, patron hac vice by virtue of gr. of next pres. made by Bp. Capon to him and John Barnaby, gentleman; instit. 7 July 1549 (D1/2/16 pt. ii f. 40). Instal. 13 July (CA 14 pt. ii f. 25v/p. 50). Depriv. as layman by 23 March 1554 (D1/2/16 pt. ii f. 65).
Pres. by Ralph Cotton, gentleman, patron hac vice by virtue of gr. of next pres. made by Bp. Capon to him and Sir Richard Cotton; instit. by proxy 23 March 1554 (D1/2/16 pt. ii f. 65). Instal. by proxy 12 Dec. 1555 (CA 14 pt. ii f. 46v/p. 92).
Pres. by Henry Parry, chancellor of Salisbury cath., Hugh Powell, gentleman, Peter Harris, merchant, and Charles Wotton, citizen, all of Salisbury, patrons hac vice by virtue of gr. of next pres. made by Bp. Capon to John Cook, esquire, John Oglethorpe and Andrew Oglethorpe, gentlemen. John Cook assigned it to Henry Ryley, gentleman, of Salisbury; he assigned it to Gerard Erington, esquire; and he assigned it to Parry, Powell, Harris and Wotton. Leonard Parry instit. 6 Apr. 1566 (D1/2/16 pt. iii f. 17). Instal. by proxy s.d. (CA 15 f. 13v/p. 24). D. by 2 Sept. 1614 (D1/2/19 f. 33).
Pres. by king 3 June 1720 (P.R.O., SP 44/150 p. 528). Instit. 6 July 1720 (D1/2/ 25 f. 20). Instal. 1 Aug. (CA 20 f. 82v). D. 1 Sept. 1733 (m.i., West Dean, Wilts.) (Mon. Inscr. Wilt. 1 50; D1/2/26 f. 18v).
Coll. 27 Feb. 1779 (D1/2/28 f. 6v). Instal. 2 March (CA 21 p. 252). Exch. 9 Dec. 1782 with Edward Emily for vicarage of Bishop's Lavington and wardenship of St. Nicholas hospital, Salisbury (D1/2/28 f. 19).