Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae 1541-1857: Volume 9, Lincoln Diocese. Originally published by Institute of Historical Research, London, 1999.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
We would like to thank the staff of a particularly large number of Record Offices for assistance in person or by letter with this volume, especially the patient and knowledgeable staff of the Lincolnshire Archives and the staff of the Local History Section of Lincoln Central Library. Margaret Harpin and Alan Richardson provided several monumental inscriptions from Leicestershire and Huntingdonshire respectively. Our colleagues at the University of York Borthwick Institute and the University of London Institute of Historical Research have been supportive and encouraging as ever. However, an especial debt of gratitude is owed to Nicholas Bennett, the vice-chancellor and librarian of Lincoln Cathedral, for specialist advice and help at all stages, and for generously spending a great deal of time checking the text and finding further information. This volume would have been much poorer without him.