BHO

Parishes: Holy Trinity the Less

Page 114

The Cartulary of Holy Trinity, Aldgate London Record Society 7. Originally published by London Record Society, London, 1971.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by London Record Society. All rights reserved.

Citation:

[f. 109v] In the parish of Holy Trinity the Less

570. Note: William the Chamberlain gave to Richard prior and convent all his capital messuage (managium) in the parish of Holy Trinity as appears by Charter Seventeen (fn. 1) of several parishes.

571. [1241] Grant of Richard prior and convent to John son of Norman, citizen, of all the capital messuage which was of William the Chamberlain in the parish of Holy Trinity; abutments, the land that was of Richard Renger on the east and the street on the west going towards the church of St. James and it extends from the street on the north to the land that was of Stephen Crasser on the south; to hold in fee; rent ½ lb. of pepper or 3d. within the quindene of Easter for all services except the king's socage, 21d. which John and his heirs should pay on Palm Sunday; quitclaim for the canons and their successors for every claim except ½ lb. of pepper; gersuma 100 marks; witnesses, Ralph Eswy, mayor, John son of John son of Viel, Thomas de Durham, sheriffs.

572. [List of those paying quit rent]: John Norman; Ydonia; William de Haddestok, 1 and 5 Ed. II; John Pulsham, 1 Ed. III; John Aubrer, 32 Ed. III; Thomas Hanhamsted, 48 Ed. III; Richard Lyons, 1 and 3 Ric. II and the tenement is situated on the east side of Cordwaynstret between the tenement of John Crouch on the south and the king's street on the north.

573. Total of this parish 3d. and it is tithed at this in the king's exemplification.

Footnotes

  • 1. 1018.