The Cartulary of Holy Trinity, Aldgate. Originally published by London Record Society, London, 1971.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by London Record Society. All rights reserved.
[f. 54v] In the parish of St. Margaret Southwerk
276. Grant by Adam le Trehur and Alice his wife, daughter of Henry Martyn, in free alms of a quit rent of 6s. p.a. from land and houses built thereon once of Matilda daughter of Benet son of Luke and mother of Alice; sealed; witnesses, Geoffrey Northman, bailiff of Suwerk, Reginald the Forester; dated June 1273.
277. Quitclaim of Alice widow of Adam le Trehur releasing all her right in the above rent to William prior and convent which the prior received from a tenement which Stephen Abbot held in the parish which rent he had by the gift of Adam le Trehur; for this quitclaim prior and convent gave 2 marks sterling; sealed; witnesses, William Wynnok, John Moun(er); dated at Suthwark 28 June 1293.
278. [List of those paying quit rent]: Adam le Trehur; Stephen Abbot; John Milward, 1 and 19 Ed. II and 1 Ed. III; Robert de Staunford, 13 Ed. III; (fn. 1) John Plumer, 31 Ed. III; John Thoursway, 39 Ed. III; Robert Ryffyn, 46 Ed. III; his widow, 1 and 3 Ric. II; now [1425–7] St. Thomas's Hospital.