The Cartulary of Holy Trinity, Aldgate London Record Society 7. Originally published by London Record Society, London, 1971.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by London Record Society. All rights reserved.
[f. 105] In the parish of All Hallows Honylane
539. [1222–48] Grant by Geoffrey Frowyk (de Frowyk) to Richard prior and convent of 20d. p.a. out of 8s. 4d. p.a. which the canons of St. Mary Suthwerk were accustomed to pay the grantor from a seld which they hold of him in the market, which 20d. p.a. of rent Geoffrey bought of John son of Terricus; to hold in free alms; sealed; witnesses, Robert son of John, William Fokes, William Berkyng and others.
The prior, def., in a plea of taking naam and John Moton, pl., agree by licence of the court; John recognises that he owes 9s. arrears in an annual rent of 8s. 4d. whereupon the prior remits the arrears.
541 contd. John Poyntel; Thomas Leggey, 30 Ed. III whose executors satisfied the arrears as appears by Acquittance Four (fn. 1) of several parishes; William Brangwayn [f. 105v] as appears by the following plea.