The Cartulary of Holy Trinity, Aldgate. Originally published by London Record Society, London, 1971.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by London Record Society. All rights reserved.
[f. 105] In the parish of All Hallows Honylane
539. [1222–48] Grant by Geoffrey Frowyk (de Frowyk) to Richard prior and convent of 20d. p.a. out of 8s. 4d. p.a. which the canons of St. Mary Suthwerk were accustomed to pay the grantor from a seld which they hold of him in the market, which 20d. p.a. of rent Geoffrey bought of John son of Terricus; to hold in free alms; sealed; witnesses, Robert son of John, William Fokes, William Berkyng and others.
C.A.D., iv, A 7302.
540. Note: Geoffrey de Frowyk bequeathed to the prior and convent all the rent, 8s. 4d. p.a., as appears in his will [17 lines blank].
541. [List of those paying quit rent]: the canons of Southwerk; John Moton, 27 Ed. I [See also after 542] as appears by the following plea.
542. Common plea held in the Husting, Mon. 19 Oct. 1299.
The prior, def., in a plea of taking naam and John Moton, pl., agree by licence of the court; John recognises that he owes 9s. arrears in an annual rent of 8s. 4d. whereupon the prior remits the arrears.
541 contd. John Poyntel; Thomas Leggey, 30 Ed. III whose executors satisfied the arrears as appears by Acquittance Four (fn. 1) of several parishes; William Brangwayn [f. 105v] as appears by the following plea.
543. Common plea held in the Husting, Mon. 14 Dec. 1360.
William Brangwayn complains that the prior took naam on Mon. 26 Jan. 1360 worth 40s. [incomplete] and the tenement is situated on the north side of the great street called Chepe.
544. Total of this parish 8s. 4d. and nevertheless it is tithed at 48s. 4d. as appears in the king's exemplification.