The Cartulary of Holy Trinity, Aldgate. Originally published by London Record Society, London, 1971.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by London Record Society. All rights reserved.
[f. 106] In the parish of Aldermarychyrch
545. [1214–16] Grant of William Cal(m)erar (Ca(m)er), son of Jordan Camer to John Ta(u)ers (fn. 1) of land in the parish of St. Mary Aldermarychirch between the land of William Sputyng on the east and Cordwainer street (vicus de corueria) on the west and between the street on the south and the land which is of the fee of the hospital of St. Giles on the north; to hold in fee; rent 1 mark p.a.; William and his heirs in no way to deprive (dehospitari) John of the said land; gersuma 12 marks; witnesses, Serlo the Mercer, Henry de St. Albans.
546. [1214–26] Grant by William the Chamberlain (Camerarius) son of Jordan to Holy Trinity in free alms of 1 mark of rent which John Ta(u)ers pays to the grantor from a tenement; [the abutments as in 545]; to hold in perpetuity for pittances on the anniversary of the grantor's death; sealed; witnesses, Reginald and W. chaplains of Henry de Castell, Eustace the Mercer.
C.A.D., ii, A 1877.
547. [List of those paying quit rent]: John Tra(v)ers to whom Richard prior and convent remitted 6s. 8d. [See also after 549].
548. [1225–6] Release by Richard prior and convent to John T(r)avers of 1 mark of rent which William son of Jordan Cam(er) gave to Holy Trinity in the parish of St. Mary Aldermarie of the fee of Hamon the Butler (Pincerne); rent ½ mark p.a.; gersuma 2 marks; witnesses, Richard Renger, mayor, Roger le Duc, Martin son of William.
549. [1235–6] Recognisance of Margery daughter of John Travers that she owes to Richard prior and convent ½ mark p.a. of rent from land; [abutments as in 545]; [f. 106v] if Margery and her heirs do not pay the rent, they shall give by way of penalty ½ mark; this convention to last as long as the land shall be built upon (hospitata) and the canons shall have the right of distraint; sealed; witnesses, Andrew Bokerel, mayor, Gerard Bat, Robert Hardel, sheriffs.
547 contd. Margery Travers; Nicholas de Winchester (Wynton), 1 Ed. II; Richard Constantyn, 19 Ed. II and 1 Ed. III; John Constantyn, 30 Ed. III; John Pech(am), 48 Ed. III; John Costantyn, 8 Ric. II [33 lines blank].
550. Total of this parish 6s. 8d. and it is tithed at this in the king's exemplification.