The Cartulary of Holy Trinity, Aldgate. Originally published by London Record Society, London, 1971.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by London Record Society. All rights reserved.
[All Hallows Staining]
103. [f. 23v] Remission of 3s. 4d. from a quit rent of 6s. 8d. p.a. bequeathed by Matilda Flel to Eustace prior and convent from a house which she inhabited in the parish of All Hallows Stanyngchirch; abutments, the house formerly of Simon de Beverlaco on the west and the house of William Spilman on the east; Henry and William Evere afterwards tenants of the house refused to pay the aforesaid 6s. 8d.; prior and convent sued; remission of 3s. 4d. [incomplete].
[f. 24] In the parish of All Hallows Stanyng
104.  Recognisance of William de Evere, ironmonger (ferrarius), that he holds of the prior and convent a certain tenement for a rent of 3s. 4d. p.a.; abutments, William Belebouch on the east and the tenement of William de Lewes on the west; grants for himself and his heirs that the prior and convent shall distrain on all his tenements for arrears of rent; for this recognisance the prior and convent remitted another 3s. 4d. which they had had from the said tenement and all arrears up to Michaelmas 31 Ed. I; witness, John le Blunt, mayor.
C.A.D., ii, A 2569.
105. [List of those paying rent]: William Evere, 31 Ed. I; John Hervy, 1 Ed. II; Edmund Bernes, 5 Ed. II and 4 Ed. III; Thomas Maryns, 30 Ed. III; John Maryns, 40 Ed. III; his widow, 8 Ric. II and the tenement is situated on the north side of Fanchurch stret.
106. Grant by the abbess and convent of Berkyng to the church of Holy Trinity of 5s. of quit rent from a tenement in the parish as appears in the Charter Six (fn. 1) of several parishes.
107. [List of those paying quit rent]: for Joce or Joseph Chapeler as appears in the account and rental of the sacristan, Walter Coke, 6 Ed. III, as appears at the end of the account of John London, sacristan, the year aforesaid; Alexander Manschipe, 15 Ed. III as appears in the account of Richard de Brik, sacristan; widow of Manschipe, 24 Ed. III; afterwards Roger Manschipe, 8 Ric. II; Robert Norton, 20 Ric. II; Robert Arnold, 2 Hy. IV; John Costyn.
Margin: Half of 8d. received from the monastery of St. Katherine from certain tenements in the parish at Michaelmas.
108. Total of this parish 8s. 4d. 9s. [sic] and it is tithed at this in the king's exemplification.