Note of acts
AT the Parliament, by Prorogation holden at Westmynster, the 30th Day of September, in
the Eighth Year of the Reign of our Sovereign Lady Elizabeth, &c. and there continued to
the Dissolution of the same, being the 2d of January then next following, were enacted
as followeth: videlicet,
Calendar of Acts passed this Sessions.
1. AN Act, declaring the Manner of making and
consecrating of the Archbishops and Bishops
of this Realm to be good, lawful, and perfect.
2. An Act, whereby the Defendant may recover his
Costs, being wrongfully vexed.
3. An Act against carrying over Sea Rams, Lambs,
and other Sheep, alive.
4. An Act to take away the Benefit of Clergy from
certain Felonious Offenders.
5. An Act for the Abridgment of Appeals, in Suits
of Civil and Marine Causes.
6. An Act, touching Cloth-workers, and Cloths ready wrought, to be shipped over the Sea.
7. An Act touching Drapers, Cottoners, and Frizers,
in the Town of Shrewisburye.
8. An Act for the Repeal of a Brach of a Statute,
made 32° Henrici Octavi, for the Stature of Horses
within the Isle of Elye, and other Places confining
9. An Act to repeal a Branch of a Statute, made in
Anno 23° Henrici Octavi, touching the Prices of
Barrels and Kilderkins.
10. An Act for Bowyers and the Prices of Bows.
11. An Act for true making of Hats and Caps.
12. An Act for the Alnagers Fees in Lancashire, and
for Length, Breadth, and Weight of Cottons, Frizes, and Rugs.
13. An Act concerning Sea Marks and Mariners.
14. An Act touching transporting of Tanned Leather.
15. An Act for Preservation of Corn.
16. An Act, That in divers Counties there shall be
but one Sheriff in one County.
17. An Act for the Corporation of Merchants Adventurers for the discovering of New Trades.
18. An Act for the Confirmation of Letters Patents
made for the Hospital of St. Bartylmewes in Gloucester.
19. An Act for Confirmation of Letters Patents granted to the Merchants Adventurers of the City of Brystowe.
20. An Act for the Repeal of a Branch of a Statute,
made 26° Henrici Octavi, touching Trial of Offences in the County of Merioneth, in North Wales.
21. An Act, confirming the Queen's Majesty's Letters
Patents, concerning the making of Allum and Copperas within this Her Highness's Realm, and other
22. An Act for the Inning of Plumsted Marsh, being
23. An Act for the Assurance of the Countess of Warwyke's Jointure.
24. An Act for the Assurance of the Lady Cobham's
25. An Act for the Assurance of the Lady Stafford's
26. An Act to make John Stafforde Free Denizen, being born beyond the Sea.
27. An Act to alter the Nature of Gavel-kind in the
Lands of Thomas Browne, Esquire.
28. An Act for the Town-Clerk of Yorke.
29. An Act for the Paving of Kentyshe-Street.
30. An Act for making of Salt within the Queen's Majesty's Dominions.
31. An Act for keeping of Thursday's Market at Battell, in the County of Sussex.
32. An Act for Confirmation of a Subsidy granted by
33. An Act of a Fifteenth and Tenth and Subsidy,
granted by the Temporalty.
34. An Act of the Queen's Majesty's Free and General Pardon.