Journal of the House of Lords: Volume 1, 1509-1577. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1767-1830.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
ACTS passed in the Parliament holden by Prorogation at Westm. the 8th Day of February, Anno 18° Regine Elizabethe, and there continued and kept until the 15th Day of March then next following.
1. AN Act against diminishing and impairing of the Queen's Majesty's Coins, and other Coins lawfully current within the Realm.
2. An Act for Confirmation as well of all Grants made to the Queen's Majesty, as of Letters Patents made by Her Majesty to others.
3. An Act for the setting of Poor on Work, and for the avoiding of Idleness.
4. An Act for the avoiding of Frauds, in certain Conveyances and Assurances made by the late Rebels in the North.
5. An Act to redress Disorders in Common Informers upon Penal Laws.
6. An Act to take away Clergy from the Offenders in Rape and Burglary, and an Order for the Delivery of Clerks Convict without Purgation.
7. An Act for the appointing and authorizing of Justices of Assize in the Shires of Wales.
8. An Act against the transporting of Leather, Tallow, and Raw Hides, out of the Realm.
9. An Act of Addition unto the former Acts, for the amending and repairing of Highways.
10. An Act for the Explanation of the Statutes, intituled, against the defeating of Dilapidations, against Leases to be made of Spiritual Promotions in some respects.
11. An Act for the Trial of Nisi Prius, in the County of Middlesex.
12. An Act concerning Offices found within the Counties Palatine.
13. An Act for Reformation of Jeefailes.
14. An Act for Reformation of Abuses in Goldsmiths.
15. An Act for the Toleration of certain Clothiers, in the Counties of Wilteshire, Somerss. and Glocestre, to inhabit out of Towns Corporate.
16. An Act for the perpetual Maintenance of RochestreBridge.
17. An Act for the repairing of Chepstowe Bridge.
18. An Act for the paving of the City of Chichestre.
19. An Act for the repairing and amending of the Bridges and Highways near unto the City of Oxforde.
20. An Act for Confirmation of a Subsidy granted by the Clergy.
21. An Act of Two Fifteenths and Tenths, and one Subsidy, granted by the Temporalty.
22. An Act of the Queen's Majesty's most Free and General Pardon.
23. An Act for the Maintenance of the Colleges in both the Universities, and also in Winchestre and Eaton.
24. An Act for the Relief and Re-edifying of the Borough of New-Woodstock, in the County of Oxforde.
25. An Act for the Hospital of Leycestre.
26. An Act for the Hospital of St. Crosse, near Winchestre.
27. An Act concerning Tythes within the Parish of Hallifaxe.
28. An Act for the Assurance of the Manor of Newehall to Thomas Earl of Sussex, Lord Chamberlain of Her Majesty's Most Honourable Houshold.
29. An Act for the Lord Viscount Howarde of Byndon, and Henry Howarde, Esquire, and Frauncys his Wife.
30. An Act for the Restitution in Blood of Henry Norrys, Knight, Lord Norrys of Rycott.
31. An Act, That the Lady Jana Sibilla, Wife to the Lord Graye of Wilton, born beyond the Seas, may be deemed and reputed as mere English.
32. An Act for the Assurance of certain Lands and Tenements unto Christopher Hatton, Esquire, Gentleman of Her Majesty's Privy Chamber, and Captain of Her Highness's Guard.
33. An Act for the true Payment of the Debts of William Isleye, Esquire.
34. An Act for the Assurance of certain Lands to Sir John Ryvers, Knight.
35. An Act, That certain Persons born beyond the Sea may be deemed and reputed as mere English.
36. Another Act, That certain Persons born beyond the Sea may be deemed and reputed as mere English.
37. An Act for the Confirmation of an Arbitrement to be made by certain Persons, between Richard Huddleston, Esquire, and Dame Isabell Weyman his Wife, on the one Part, and Frauncys Weyman, Gentleman, of the other Part.