Journal of the House of Lords: Volume 2, 1578-1614. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1767-1830.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
DIE Lunæ, videlicet, 5 die Maii:
Merrick, &c. Restitution.
HODIE 1a vice lecta est Billa, An Act of Restitution of Roland Mericke, Son of Sir Gelley Mericke, Knight, and Dame Margaret, Wife of Sir John Vaughan, Knight, Daughter of the said Sir Gelley, in Blood.
Le Gris and Cotterell.
The Amendments on the Bill between Le Gris and Cotterell were read this Day Twice.
Ld. Danvers's Restitution.
The Amendments and Saving added by the Lower House to the Lord Danvers's Bill, were this Day read Twice.
Process in Ecclesiastical Courts and Sanctuary.
Hodie 1a vice lecta est Billa, An Act to establish the Proceedings in Ecclesiastical Courts and Causes, and to abolish Sanctuary.
Hodie 3a vice lecta est Billa, An Act for the new making up, and keeping in Reparation, of Chepstow Bridge; sent to the Lower House, for their Consideration of the Amendments, by Mr. Serjeant Crooke and Sir Richard Swale.
Bills from the H. C.
Hodie allatæ sunt 8 Billæ a Domo Communi, presented by Mr. Secretary Herbert and others:
1. An Act for the assuring of certain small Parcels of Ground to Robert Earl of Salisbury, and his Heirs, for the Enlargement and commodious Use of his Mansion House in The Strand, now called Salisbury House, and for Recompence to be given for the same. Returned. Exped.
2. An Act to enable all His Majesty's loving Subjects of England and Wales to trade freely into the Dominions of Spayne, Portugall, and Fraunce. Returned also, Exped.
3. An Act for the Relief of John Roger, Gentleman, against Robert Tailer, Paule Tailer, and William Tailer, for defrauding of a Trust reposed in Thomas Tailer, their Father, and decreed against them in the High Court of Chancery. Returned, Exped.
4. An Act for the Assurance of certain Lands, late Sir John Skynner's, Knight, to Sir William Smith and Sir Michaell Hickes, Knights. Returned, Exped.
5. An Act for Confirmation of the King's Majesty's Letters Patents, made to the Provost and Scholars of Oriell College, in Oxford.
6. An Act for the better Preservation of Sea Fish.
7. An Act against scandalous and unworthy Ministers.
8. An Act restraining the Execution of Canons Ecclesiastical, not confirmed by Parliament.
Assurance of Walsh's Lands. Expedit.
Hodie 3a vice lecta est Billa, An Act for the Assurance of the Lands of Walter Walsh, Esquire.
Officers of the Customs.
Hodie 2a vice lecta est Billa, An Act to avoid the Extortions and Exactions of Customers, Comptrollers, Collectors, Searchers, Waiters, Clerks, or other Officers or Persons, employed in or about the Custom of our Sovereign Lord the King, his Heirs and Successors.
Dominus Cancellarius continuavit præsens Parliamentum usque in diem crastinum, videlicet, 6m Maii, hora 9a.