Journal of the House of Lords: Volume 2, 1578-1614. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1767-1830.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
DIE Mercurii, videlicet, 30 die Maii:
Ld. Morley's Absence excused.
EXCUSE made by the Lord Chancellor for the Absence of the Lord Morley, who writeth that one of his Chamber is suddenly fallen sick, and for that by his Lordship it is doubted to be of the Plague.
Assurance of Sutcliff's Portion.
Hodie 2a vice lecta est Billa, An Act for the assuring of Eight Hundred and Eighty Pounds, being the Portion and Marriage Money of Judith Sutcliffe, Daughter of Adam Sutcliffe, Gentleman, deceased, out of such Lands as were heretofore sold for Payment of the same.
And was referred to Committees: videlicet,
E. of Shrewesbury.
E. of Cumberlande.
E. of Hertforde.
L. Bp. of Carlioll.
L. Bp. of Chester.
L. Bp. of Bristoll.
To meet on Thursday, the 7th of June next, by Eight of the Clock in the Morning, in the Little Chamber, near the Parliament Presence; and in the mean Time the Parties to have Notice whom it concerneth.
Non-residence and Plurality or Benefices.
The House being made acquainted, the Committees for the Bill of Non-residents, and likewise for the Bill for assuring of the Isle of Man, cannot meet this Afternoon, by reason of other Service, their Lordships did appoint that the Committees for both the said Bills shall meet, for Consideration of the same Bills, on Friday, the 8th of June, in the Afternoon, by Two of the Clock, in the Council Chamber, at the Court at Whitehall.
Bills from the H. C.
Hodie allatæ sunt a Domo Communi 5 Billæ, presented by Mr. Chancellor of the Exchequer and others:
1. An Act, That all such as are to be Naturalized, or restored in Blood, shall first receive the Sacrament of the Lord's Supper, and the Oath of Allegiance, and the Oath of Supremacy.
2. An Act to repeal one Branch of a Statute, intituled, An Act touching certain Public Constitutions made for Maintenance of the Navy, made in the Parliament holden at Westm. the 12th Day of January, in the Fifth Year of our late Sovereign Lady Queen Elizabeth, Cap. 5°.
3. An Act for Explanation of the Statute, made in the Third and Fourth Years of King Edward the Sixth, concerning the Traders of Butter and Cheese.
4. An Act for the Naturalizing of John Murray, John Levinston, and John Auchmoutie, Grooms of His Majesty's Bed-chamber, and Richarde Murray, Warden of Manchester.
5. An Act for the amending of a Writ of Entry, whereupon a common Recovery was had of the Inheritance of Sir John Biron, Knight, within the County Palatine of Lancaster.
Parsonage of Frome Whitfeild, united to the Parish of The Holy Trinity in Dorchester.
Hodie 3a vice lecta est Billa, An Act for the uniting and annexing of the Parsonage and decayed Parish of Frome Whitfeild, in the County of Dorsett, to the Parsonage and Parish of The Holy Trinity in Dorchester, in the said County.
The King will consider of the Petition of both Houses concerning His Safety.
The Archbishop of Yorke reported to the House, That His Majesty, being on made acquainted by his Lordship, and the other Lords named for that Purpose on Saturday last, with the Petition formerly agreed to be delivered to Him, touching His Safety, according to the Motion of the House of Commons, took this Office or Duty of Devotion and Love very graciously, and will with all convenient Speed consider thereof.
Hospital, School, and Preacher in Thetford.
Hodie 3a vice lecta est Billa, An Act for the Foundation of an Hospital, a Grammar School, and Maintenance of a Preacher, in the Town of Thetforde, for ever, according to the Last Will and Testament of Sir Richard Fulmarston, Knight.
Lands assured to the Companies of Salters and Brewers. Expedit.
Hodie 3a vice lecta est Billa, An Act for the securing and confirming of certain Lands and Tenements, heretofore granted, devised, or conveyed, to the Companies of Salters and Brewers of London.
Murray, Levinston and Auchmouty's Naturalization.
Hodie 1a vice lecta est Billa, An Act for the Naturalizing of John Murray, John Levinston, and John Auchmoutie, Grooms of His Majesty's Bed-chamber, and Richard Murray, Warden of Manchester.
Persons Naturalized or restored in Blood to take the Oaths.
Hodie 1a vice lecta est Billa, An Act, That all such as are to be Naturalized, or restored in Blood, shall first receive the Sacrament of the Lord's Supper, and the Oath of Allegiance, and the Oath of Supremacy.
Dominus Cancellarius continuavit præsens Parliamentum usque in diem Veneris, videlicet, primum diem Junii, hora 9a.