This free content was Born digital and sponsored by AHRC and University of Birmingham. CC-NC-BY.
374 LEWES V LLOYD
John Lewes, gent v Thomas Lloyd
Witnesses were examined on Lewes's libel in October-November 1638; but the cause and result of his complaint against Lloyd remain unknown.
Summary of proceedings
Dr Duck acted as counsel for Lewes and Dr Exton for Lloyd. On 20 October and 6 November 1638 Dr Duck had the examination of the witnesses upon the libel. On 20 November the court was to hear the taxes and expenses awarded by Sir Henry Marten to the petition of Dr Exton.
- Proceedings before Arundel: R.19, fos. 434r-449v (20 Oct 1638)
- Proceedings before Maltravers: R.19, fos. 454r-468v (6 Nov 1638)
- Proceedings before Maltravers: R.19, fos. 400v-412v (20 Nov 1638)
People mentioned in the case
- Duck, Arthur, lawyer
- Exton, Thomas, lawyer
- Howard, Henry, baron Maltravers
- Howard, Thomas, earl of Arundel and Surrey
- Lewes, John
- Lloyd, Thomas
- Marten, Henry, knight