Historical Gazetteer of London Before the Great Fire Cheapside; Parishes of All Hallows Honey Lane, St Martin Pomary, St Mary Le Bow, St Mary Colechurch and St Pancras Soper Lane. Originally published by Centre for Metropolitan History, London, 1987.
This free content was born digital. All rights reserved.
This property, which belonged from the 13th century onwards to the new hospital of St. Mary Bishopsgate (St. Mary Spital), lay on the W. side of Goose Lane, abutting N. on the churchyard, W. on 10, and S. on 8, which also lay on the fee of St. Mary Spital. It may have been quite small in size.
In 1268 the tenement of St. Mary Spital lay to the N. of 8, and in 1357 and 1369 to the E. of 10. The hospital may have acquired its interest in the property by the grant of Martin Bodyn (see 8). There are no references which can certainly be identified with it in the 16th century, and it seems possible that it had before then been absorbed into 11. (fn. 1)