Roger Whitley's Diary 1684-1697 Bodleian Library, Ms Eng Hist C 711. Originally published by [s.n.], [s.l.], 2004.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
Nor: 1st: Friday, went to the Parliment dined at Pryors with 2 Mainwarings, Biddolph, Norris, Foote, Burrage &c; went to the Comitte; then to Nags Head with Mainwaring & Biddolph there was Wood, Maxwell, Harris, Coling, Gilmore, one or 2 more &c; parted past 9; went home.
4. Monday, I went to Parliment; dined at the Bell with 2 Mainwarings, Lawton & Minshall; went with Mainwaring to visit the Bishop of Chester; then to St Johns Head; there was Chandler, Baroby, Baskervile, Herle, 2 Mainwarings, Travers, Minshall &c; I & Mainwaring left them past 7; came to Sir Edward Woods; there was Macclesfeild & Titus; we parted neare 10.
11. Monday, went to Parliment dined at Pryors with 2 Mainwarings, Biddolph, Foote, Burrage, Sir William Strickland & Stratford; went to Comitte; then to the Fountaine; there was Wood, 2 Mainwarings & Biddolph parted past 9.
12. Tuesday, went to Parliment then (with Biddolph & Mainwaring) to Hogsden; dined there with sonne, his wife, William Mainwaring, Thomas, another minister &c; came thence (about 5) to the Swan over against Exchange; there was Jones, Saladine & William, Mainwaring; about 7 Biddolph, Mainwaring & I went to the Bunch of Grapes; there was Wood, Maxwell, Cooper, Harris & another; we parted about 9.
13. Wednesday, went to Parliment; dined at Pryors with 3 Mainwarings, Minshall, Biddolph, Sir John Morgan, Pickering & Lewes; went to the Committe; then to the Halfe Moone in the Strand; there was Sir John Morgan, another stranger, G.Mainwaring, Biddolph & Pickering; Biddolph & I left them past 9; Mainwaring came in as we went out; he stayd, we went home.
18. Monday, went to Parliment dined at Pryors with 2 Mainwarings Parkhurst, Coote, Yong, Astyn & severall others & Keck; then to Mainwarings Coffe House; there was G.Mainwaring brought him neare home.
19. Tuesday, I went to Parliment dined at Pryors with Mainwaring, Hamden &c; went to Committe; then to Bunch of Grapes; there was Mainwaring, Wood, Harris, Maxwell, Gilmore &c; then removed to Nags Head; there I left them neare 8; I went to Sir John Guy's lodgings about Militia bill; there were 4 with him; all strangers to me; then came Sir Peter Coriton; I left them past 9, went home.
20. Wednesday, went to Parliment dined at Pryors with 2 Mainwarings, Norris, Stratford, Borage, Yorke &c; then to the Committe; then to Blew Posts (past 7); there were Wood, Coling, 2 Moores, 2 Mainwarings, Gilmore, Maxwell; I left them, past 9.
25. Monday, went to Parliment dined at home with Biddolph 2 Mainwarings Dutton, Parkhurst, Harley, Mrs Tovey, Thomas &c; went to Committe, then to Nags Head; there was Wood, Rogers, Coling &c; parted at 9.
26, Tuesday, went to Parliment dined at Pryors (about 5) with Gray, Biddolph, Beaumont, Nudigate & Goffe; went then with Biddolph to St John's Head neare Aldermanbury; there was G.Mainwaring William Mainwaring Baskervile, 2 Glegs & 2 or 3 others, strangers, & Fleming; went home past 9.
27. Wednesday, went to Parliment dined at home with Mainwaring, Biddolph, Boscowen, Yong, Drake, Conwey, Wynne, Lawton, Turton, Thomas &c; went (about 6) with my sonne to Westminster, then to Halfe Moone; there was Biddolph, 2 Mainwarings, brother, Arderne, Sir John Morgan &c; went thence (past 7) to Nags Head; there was Wood, Rogers, Maxwell, Cooper, Gilmore & Harris, & 2 or 3 more; parted neare 10.
28. Thursday, Martyn came to me with a Book about trade; went to Parliment dined at Pryors; then to the Committe; & to the Crowne neare the old exchange with Biddolph & 2 Mainwarings; William Mainwaring & Jones came to us; we parted past 9.
29. Friday, went to Parliment dined at home; then to Committe; then home with Biddolph 30. Satorday, went to Parliment dined at Pryors, then to Committe; then to Nags Head, there was Maxwell, Harris, 2 Gilmores, Partridge, Cooper; then came Biddolph & Mainwaring parted about 9, went home.