Ancient and Historical Monuments in the County of Gloucester Iron Age and Romano-British Monuments in the Gloucestershire Cotswolds. Originally published by Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1976.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
Akeman Street runs E.-W. across the parish. A cinerary urn and Roman coins, including a silver coin of Honorius, were found in a quarry beside the turnpike road to Oxford, c. 1777. (fn. 1)