An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Dorset, Volume 1, West. Originally published by Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1952.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
20 CATHERSTON LEWESTON (A.d.)
(1) The Manor House, 50 yards N.E. of the modern church, was built in 1887 but incorporates remains of an older house in the middle of the S. side. The late 16th-century stone porch was taken down and re-erected at the E. end of the modern front. It is of two storeys, ashlar-faced and gabled. The outer archway has moulded jambs and elliptical arch under a square label. Inside there is an early 18th-century staircase with square newels, turned balusters and close strings; the stair walls are lined with contemporary moulded panelling.