An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Essex, Volume 3, North East. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1922.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
60. LITTLE HENNY. (B.a.)
(O.S. 6 in. xii. N.E.)
Little Henny is a very small parish 5 m. N.N.E. of Halstead.
(1). Foundations of the former parish church, 70 yards E.S.E. of the Ryes, are much overgrown, but appear to indicate a small rectangular building. In it is a semi-octagonal bowl, probably of a stoup.
(2). Cottage, about 300 yards W. of (1), is of two storeys, timber-framed and plastered; the roofs are thatched. It was built probably in the 17th century and has exposed ceiling-beams.