An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Essex, Volume 3, North East. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1922.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
61. LITTLE HOLLAND. (F.d.)
(O.S. 6 in. xxxix. S.W.)
Little Holland is a small parish on the sea, 2 m. N.E. of Clacton.
(1). Parish Church (dedication unknown) stood about 200 yards from the cliff. All that remains is a fragment of brick and rubble walling representing the E. wall, with diagonal buttresses at the angles.
(2). Mill Ponds, at Little Holland Hall, N. of the site of the church. Two ponds and a large basin, embanked at the N. end, remain.