An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Essex, Volume 4, South east. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1923.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
18. CRANHAM. (B.d.)
Fittings—Bells: three; 1st and 2nd by John Danyell, 15th-century and both inscribed "Johannes Est Nomen Eius"; 3rd by Henry Jordan, 15th-century and inscribed "Sancta Petre Ora Pro Nobis." Brass: In chancel—to Nathan Wright, 1657, inscription and achievement-of-arms. Floor-slab: In chancel—to Susannah (Wright), wife successively of Charles Potts and Francis Drake, 1664, with achievement-of-arms.
(2). Cottage, on E. side of main road, 1 m. N. of the church, is of one storey with attics, timber-framed and weather-boarded; the roofs are thatched. It was built in the 17th century on a rectangular plan and has an original chimney-stack at the W. end.