An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Herefordshire, Volume 1, South west. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1931.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
64 TREVILLE (C.c.).
(O.S. 6 in. (a)XXXIX, S.W., (b)XLIV, N.E.)
Treville is a small parish 7 m. S.W. of Hereford.
a(1). Treville, house, nearly ¾ m. S.S.E. of Whitfield, is of one storey with attics; the walls are timber-framed and plastered and the roofs are tiled. It was built about the middle of the 17th century and has a modern extension on the S. The E. front has been faced with modern brick, but the timber-framing is exposed on the W. side and N. end. Inside the building, the N. room has two original doors and a moulded ceiling-beam. The other rooms have chamfered ceiling-beams.
b(2). Park Farm, house, about 1 m. E.S.E. of Whitfield, is of two storeys; the walls are timber-framed and plastered and the roofs are covered with stone slates. It was built in the 17th century, but has been largely refaced with modern rubble. Some timber-framing is exposed on the E. and N. sides. Inside the building some chamfered ceiling-beams are exposed.