An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Herefordshire, Volume 3, North West. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1934.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
58 NEWTON (D.d.)
(O.S. 6 in. XIX, S.E.)
Newton is a small parish 3½ m. S. or Leominster.
(1). Cottage, on the N.W. side of the road, 350 yards W. of the railway, is of two storeys, timber framed, and with a roof of stone slates. It was built in the 17th century, and has some exposed external framing and internal ceiling-beams.
(2). Cottage, 320 yards W.S.W. of (1), and of the same type and date, has a slate-covered roof. Some external framing and ceiling-beams are exposed.