An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Hertfordshire. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1910.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
(O.S. 6 in. xlv. S.E.)
(1). Parish Church of St. Andrew, stands on a hill in the centre of the village, about 1¾ miles S. of Chipping Barnet. It was entirely re-built in the 18th and 19th centuries.
Fittings—From the old church; Bells: two, 1617. Monument: on N. wall of nave, to Dorothy Taylor, 1673, and Susanna Turner, 1672, daughters of Richard Turner. Plate: includes a silver-gilt cup of 1599. From Hatfield Church, Pulpit: early 17th-century.
(2–3). Barns, two, one W. of the church, and the other belonging to Copped Hall; both are built of timber with tiled roofs, and are probably of the 17th century.