An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Huntingdonshire. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1926.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
20. COPPINGFORD (B.c.).
(O.S. 6 in. XIII S.W.)
Coppingford is a small parish 7 m. N.W. of Huntingdon. There is no church.
(1). Homestead Moat, in Coppingford Spinney, 250 yards W. of the cross-roads in the hamlet. There are remains of an outer enclosure.
(2). Cottage, about 150 yards E. of (1), is of two storeys with attics, timber-framed and plastered; the roofs are thatched. It was built in the first half of the 17th century and has modern additions on the E. Some of the timber-framing is exposed at the N. and S. ends. Inside the building the original ceiling-beams are exposed, and in the modern addition is an original door with panelled lower part and open upper part filled with flat shaped balusters or splats.
In the garden are a number of fragments of worked and moulded stone including part of an early 17th-century door-head.