An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Middlesex. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1937.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
5 BRENTFORD, OLD (C.d.)
The following monuments, unless otherwise described, are of late 17th or early 18th-century date and of two storeys. The walls are of brick and the roofs are tile or slate-covered. Some of the buildings have exposed ceiling-beams.
a(1) Ferry House, near the river and N. of Brentford Dock, is of three storeys with cellars. The windows are square-headed and there are brick bands between the storeys and a wooden eaves-cornice. The interior has been entirely modernised.
a(11) Grove House, now N., Middle and S. Grove, on the E. side of Ealing Road, 1,000 yards N. of (1), has been extensively altered but retains parts of its eaves-cornice. Inside the building is an original staircase with turned balusters, and close strings.
a(12) House, No. 71 on the E. side of Boston Road nearly 1¼ m. W. of Kew Bridge, has a brick band between the storeys and the windows have flush frames. The S. part of the house is slightly earlier in date than the N. part.