An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in the County of Northamptonshire, Volume 5, Archaeology and Churches in Northampton. Originally published by Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1985.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
(OS 1:10000 SP 76 NW, SP 76 NE, SP 76 SE, SP 76 SW )
Most of the old parish of Boughton is outside the present boundaries of Northampton (see RCHM Northamptonshire III, 14–16). A small area of some 40 hectares at its S. end is, however, now within the town. No monuments or finds have been recorded from this area. A further area of some 85 hectares in the S.W. of the parish was transferred to Boughton from Kingsthorpe in 1900 but was subsequently absorbed into the town in 1931 (VCH Northamptonshire IV, 81). Sites recorded from this area are included in the Kingsthorpe Inventory.