Ancient and Historical Monuments in the City of Salisbury. Originally published by Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1977.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
(276) Houses, two adjacent, Nos. 117–9 Dolphin Street, are two-storeyed with timber-framed walls and tiled roofs. They are of 16th-century origin. In both dwellings the first floor is jettied to the W., but that of No. 117 has been under-built. Both houses have 18th-century sashed windows, and No. 119 contains an 18th-century chimneypiece.
(277) Cottages, range of three, of two storeys with rendered brick walls and tiled roofs, are of the 18th century. In 1854 they formed part of the Dolphin Inn (Kingdon & Shearm).
(278) Houses, row of four, Nos. 59–65 St. Ann's Street, are two-storeyed with attics and have brick walls and tiled roofs. They were built c. 1700 and originally were uniform.