Ancient and Historical Monuments in the City of Salisbury. Originally published by Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1977.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
(68) House, No. 33, is mainly two-storeyed with an attic and has rendered and tile-hung walls and tiled roofs. It probably is of the 15th or 16th century. Most early features have been obliterated, but old photographs (Lov. Cn., 17, 164) show a gabled N. front jettied at the first floor. The bases of early stone and flint walls were exposed below the ground floor in 1972, and part of a mediaeval fireplace was found.
(69) House, No.11, of three storeys and a cellar, with brick walls and a tiled roof, was advertised in 1784 (S.J. 13 Dec.) as built 'not many years'.
(70) House, No. 9, of two storeys and a cellar, with brick walls in the lower storey and of timber framework above, and with a tiled roof, is of the 17th century. Early in the 19th century the walls of the upper storey were slate-hung and a fluted frieze with paterae was applied below the eaves. The upper storey is jettied on the east.