An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in the Town of Stamford. Originally published by Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1977.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
Barnack Road (Fig. 111)
Originally the road to Barnack was a continuation of Burghley Lane and ran across open fields. The present road was made in 1796 after Enclosure and the extension of Burghley Park over the former open fields of St. Martins.
(105) Former Maltings, three storeys and attics, coursed rubble walls, is early 19th-century (on Knipe's map, 1833). It has two parallel, slated, mansard roofs, returned at the S. end.