An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in the Town of Stamford. Originally published by Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1977.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
Casterton Road (Fig. 206)
(152) Clock House, No. 1 (Plate 162), two storeys, coursed rubble walls with flush ashlar quoins, class 10 plan, is in the Tudor style. It was built on manorial waste in 1839 by Richard Newcomb who was granted a 33-year lease from March 1840 (Ex. MS, 77/5; survey of encroachments 190). The central bay projects slightly and is gabled. The windows have labels, central mullions, and gothic glazing bars; over the central window is a circular frame for a clock face.