An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in the Town of Stamford. Originally published by Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1977.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
Elm Street (Fig. 187)
(169) Elm Cottage (Fig. 98), two storeys, cellar and attics, stone walls, plan approximating to class 10, is probably the house referred to in 1822 as being newly built (Mercury, 3 May). It contains a stone fireplace with angle-roundels.