List of maps and plans

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

Alan Crossley (editor), A P Baggs, Christina Colvin, H M Colvin, Janet Cooper, C J Day, Nesta Selwyn, A Tomkinson

Year published

1983

Supporting documents

Page

12

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'List of maps and plans', A History of the County of Oxford: Volume 11: Wootton Hundred (northern part) (1983), pp. XII. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=101845 Date accessed: 18 April 2014. Add to my bookshelf


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

LIST OF MAPS AND PLANS

Thanks are rendered to the President and Fellows of Magdalen College, Oxford, and National Westminster Bank Ltd. for permission to reproduce maps in their possession, and to Mr. W. J. Blair and Mr. and Mrs. J. B. McKay for the use of drafts which they prepared. All the maps except those facing pages 113 and 129 were drawn by the Oxfordshire editorial staff.

Wootton Hundred c. 1845page 2
North Aston, 1843. From the tithe award map in the Oxfordshire County Record Office" 8
Steeple Aston, 1767. From a copy of the inclosure map, made in 1860 by William Wing, in the Oxfordshire County Record Office" 20
Middle Aston, 1682. From a map by William Mar, reproduced in C. C. Brookes, History of Steeple Aston, facing p. 171" 26
The Bartons c. 1800. From the inclosure map of 1796 and tithe award map of 1848 in the Oxfordshire County Record Office, and documentary evidence" 58
Deddington street plan, 1808. Based on the inclosure map in the Oxfordshire County Record Office" 82
Deddington inclosure allotments, 1808. From the inclosure award and map in the Oxfordshire County Record Office" 104
Ilbury, 1619. Photograph of a map at Magdalen College, Oxfordfacing page 113
Heythrop, 1794. Photograph of a map by Thomas Bainbridge at National Westminster Bank Staff Training College, Heythrop" 129
South Newington, 1794. From the inclosure map in the Oxfordshire County Record Officepage 144
Rousham, 1721. From a map by Edward Grantham in the Oxfordshire County Record Office" 160
Sandford St. Martin c. 1770. From a sketch map in the church, estate maps in the Oxfordshire County Record Office, and documentary evidence" 170
Stonesfield, 1792. From a map by Thomas Pride at Blenheim Palace, Woodstock" 182
Tackley, 1844. From the tithe award map in the Oxfordshire County Record Office, using a draft by Mrs. J. B. McKay" 196
Tackley church. Drawn by A. P. Baggs, after a plan by W. J. Blair and J. B. McKay, dated by W. J. Blair" 207
Duns Tew, 1722. From a map by Edward Grantham in the Oxfordshire County Record Office" 210
Great Tew street plan. Based on an undated, probably late 18th-century, map in the Bodleian Library" 226
Great Tew, 1774. From a map and survey at Great Tew Park" 232
Great Tew church. Measured, dated, and drawn by A. P. Baggs" 244
Little Tew, 1742. From a map by William Burgess at Exeter College, Oxford" 248
Wootton c. 1800. From R. Davis, Map of Oxfordshire (1794), a map of 1792 by Thomas Pride at Blenheim Palace, Woodstock, the tithe award map of 1842 in the Oxfordshire County Record Office, and documentary evidence" 260
Over Worton, 1760. From a map by James Collingridge in the Oxfordshire County Record Office" 294


Next:-->
Editorial note