Plate 40
New County Offices - North and South Blocks

Sponsor

English Heritage

Publication

Author

Hermione Hobhouse (general editor)

Year published

1991

Supporting documents

Page

40

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Plate 40: New County Offices - North and South Blocks', Survey of London Monograph 17: County Hall (1991), pp. 40. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=118234 Date accessed: 29 November 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

Contents

Plate 40

New County Offices - North and South Blocks F. W. Hiorns and Giles Gilbert Scott, architects, 1935-9


a. North Block from York Road in 1939. Entrance to South Block

on left

a. North Block from York Road in 1939. Entrance to South Block on left


b, c. Carved panels by E.J. and A. T. Bradford and F. P. Morton on the west front (p. 108)

b, c. Carved panels by E.J. and A. T. Bradford and F. P. Morton on the west front (p. 108)


d. Models by A.J. Oakley for the capitals of the stone lantern-columns

d. Models by A.J. Oakley for the capitals of the stone lantern-columns


e. View from the south-west in March 1939, South Block on right

e. View from the south-west in March 1939, South Block on right