16. COLD NORTON. (E.b.)
(O.S. 6 in. lxii. N.W.)
Cold Norton is a small parish 4½ m. S. of Maldon.
Parish Church of St. Stephen was entirely
re-built in 1855. It contains from the old church
Fittings—Brass and Indents. Brass: In nave
—of woman in pedimental head-dress, etc.,
c. 1520. Indents: Outside S. porch—(1) of figure.
At entrance to churchyard—(2) of two figures
and inscription-plate. Monuments: In chancel—
in N. wall, (1) to Maude (Tasburghe), wife of
Robert Cammocke, 1599, and her daughter,
inscribed slab. In churchyard—(2) to William
Walker, J.P., 1708, table-tomb. Plate: includes
cup and cover-paten of 1568, the latter dated.
Condition—Of church, re-built.