(O.S. 6 in. xlv. N.W.)
(1). Parish Church of St. Nicholas, near the
middle of the village, was almost entirely re-built in 1853, some of the old material being
re-used. The columns and capitals of the S.
arcade of the Nave, which was re-built on the old
foundations, and possibly some stones in the N.
arcade, are of the 15th century, and old work
also remains in the S. wall of the South Aisle.
Three of the collar beams in the Roof of the
nave are of the 15th century.
Fittings—Font: octagonal, the stem consists
of central pillar within a hollow octagonal
drum having a pierced panel in each side; 15th-century, lower part defaced. Monument: on
N. wall of N. aisle, to Olive Buck, 1603,
alabaster, recently repaired and replaced in the