Boughton

Sponsor

English Heritage

Publication

Year published

1985

Supporting documents

Page

232

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Boughton', An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in the County of Northamptonshire, Volume 5: Archaeology and Churches in Northampton (1985), pp. 232. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=126625 Date accessed: 26 November 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

Contents

4 BOUGHTON

(OS 1:10000 SP 76 NW, SP 76 NE, SP 76 SE, SP 76 SW )

Most of the old parish of Boughton is outside the present boundaries of Northampton (see RCHM Northamptonshire III, 14–16). A small area of some 40 hectares at its S. end is, however, now within the town. No monuments or finds have been recorded from this area. A further area of some 85 hectares in the S.W. of the parish was transferred to Boughton from Kingsthorpe in 1900 but was subsequently absorbed into the town in 1931 (VCH Northamptonshire IV, 81). Sites recorded from this area are included in the Kingsthorpe Inventory.



<--Previous:
Billing, Little
Next:-->
Collingtree