Monuments (377–8) appear on the map on p. 94.
(377) Cottages, two adjoining, Nos. 77–9 Winchester
Street, are of two storeys with attics and have brick
walls and tiled roofs; they were built c. 1800.
(378) Cottages, range of three, Nos. 81–5 Winchester
Street, are of two storeys with attics and have walls
mainly of brick, but encasing some timber framework.
They appear to be of 16th-century origin, but were remodelled late in the 18th century. Inside, the first floor
of No. 81 rests on a chamfered beam and some 17th-century joinery survives. No. 83 has an original post at
the N.W. corner. No. 85 has a stout oak wall-plate.
(379) Houses, terrace of five, Nos. 4–8 Greencroft,
are of three storeys with brick walls and slate-covered
roofs and were built during the second quarter of the
19th century. In the E. front each house has one
window in each storey and a doorway at ground level.
The first-floor windows have large french casements, but
(380) Houses, terrace of four, Nos. 14–17 Greencroft,
are of two storeys with brick walls and slate-covered
roofs and were built c. 1850. In the E. front, the lower
storeys of Nos. 15 and 16 are recessed and the upper
storey rests on a beam supported by iron posts.
Blechynden's Almshouses, see (28).