Chigwell
Roman catholicism

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

W. R. Powell (Editor)

Year published

1956

Supporting documents

Page

35

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Chigwell: Roman catholicism', A History of the County of Essex: Volume 4: Ongar Hundred (1956), pp. 35. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=15541 Date accessed: 30 August 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

ROMAN CATHOLICISM

The Convent of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mary (formerly the Manor House) at Woodford Bridge was consecrated in 1925. It is served from Woodford. (fn. 33) A school is carried on in connexion with the convent. (fn. 34) The church of the Assumption was opened in Manford Way, Hainault, in November 1953. (fn. 35)

Footnotes

33 Brentwood R.C.) Diocesan Year Bk. 1953.
34 See below, Schools.
35 Cath. Dir. (1954), 129.