Loughton
Roman catholicism

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

W. R. Powell (Editor)

Year published

1956

Supporting documents

Page

123

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Loughton: Roman catholicism', A History of the County of Essex: Volume 4: Ongar Hundred (1956), pp. 123. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=15599 Date accessed: 16 September 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

ROMAN CATHOLICISM

The Roman Catholic church, Traps Hill, dedicated to St. Edmund of Canterbury, was built in 1926-7. (fn. 99) The church of St. Thomas More, Debden, was opened in 1953. (fn. 1)

Footnotes

99 Kelly's Dir. Essex (1933).
1 Cath. Dir. (1954), 128.