Victoria County History
A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 17: Calne
D.A. Crowley (Editor)
Note on abbreviations
Comment on this articleDouble click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line
'Calne: Roman catholicism', A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 17: Calne (2002), pp. 109. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=18043 Date accessed: 19 September 2014.
(Min 3 characters)
There is no evidence of Roman Catholic recusancy at Calne.
Services were held in the town in the Second
World War, (fn. 7) and c. 1947 a small garage in Oxford
Road was extended and converted to a temporary
church. (fn. 8) A new brick church, dedicated to St.
Edmund Rich, was built on a nearby site in
1962 (fn. 9) and was open in 2000.
Double-click menu [ Cancel ]
- Contact us -
Version 4.0 | November 2013
© 2014 University of London & History of Parliament Trust
Design - Crave Ltd