List of maps and plans

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

G C Baugh, C R Elrington (Editors), A P Baggs, D C Cox, Jessie McFall, P A Stamper, A J L Winchester

Year published

1985

Supporting documents

Page

12

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'List of maps and plans', A History of the County of Shropshire: Volume 11: Telford (1985), pp. XII. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=18057 Date accessed: 21 October 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

LIST OF MAPS AND PLANS

The maps were drawn by K. J. Wass of the Department of Geography, University College, London, from drafts by G. C. Baugh (pages 14, 24, 49, and 98), D. C. Cox (pages 20, 79, 148, 196, 199, 200, and 204), H. D. G. Foxall (page 94), P. A. Stamper (facing page 1 and pages 137, 176, 179, 186, 202, 283, 287, 307, 324, and 327), and A. J. L. Winchester (pages 108 and 116); the maps on page 3 were drafted by A. J. L. Winchester and P. A. Stamper. Where sources are not specified the maps should be understood as based on sources cited in the text. The plans on pages 37, 90, and 168 were drawn by A. P. Baggs. Telford Development Corporation is thanked for permission to reproduce the map on page 210.

The 14th-Century Landscape around Wellington facing page 1
The Area around Wellington: Relief, Settlement and Woodland in the Early Middle Ages, Economic Geology, Mining Royalties and Ironworks in 1840 page 3
Telford in the early 1980s. From T.D.C. Telford Street Plan (1981) " 14
Parishes around Wellington c. 1831. From the tithe maps " 20
Madeley in 1849. From S.R.O. 2280/2/45-7 " 24
Madeley Court: plan " 37
Coalbrookdale: the ponding of the streams " 49
16th-Century Little Wenlock " 79
The Church of St. Lawrence, Little Wenlock: plan " 90
The Hundred of Bradford c. 1831. From the tithe maps " 94
Bradford Hundred: manors subject to the great court in the Middle Ages " 98
Dawley c. 1840. From L.J.R.O., B/A/15, Gt. Dawley; I.G.M.T. Libr., plan of Little Dawley, 1825; S.R.O. 14/3/10; 407/8-9; O.S. Map 1", sheet 61 NE. (1833 edn.); Lightmoor fault from Inst. Geol. Sciences Map 1/25,000, Telford (1978 edn.) " 108
Little Dawley: Woodland Clearance to 1772. From S.P.L., MS. 2481, Map XIII, survey of Little Dawley, 1772; contours from O.S. Maps 6", Salop. XLIII. NW., SW. (1903 edns.) " 116
Eyton upon the Weald Moors Township in 1826. From S.R.O. 665/1/286 " 137
17th-Century Lilleshall " 148
The Church of St. Michael and All Angels, Lilleshall: plan " 168
The Hoo c. 1900. From S.R.O. 1263/1 and field observations " 176
Preston upon the Weald Moors c. 1735. From S.R.O. 4309, box 2, survey of John Charlton's lands, 1724; minor buildings and physical features from S.R.O. 1263/1 and S.R.O., dep. plan 306 " 179
Stirchley in 1838. From S.R.O. 1286/6 " 186
Wellington: the Ancient Parish and Townships and the Civil Parish Boundary Changes of 1883-1884 " 196
Wellington: the Civil Parish 1884-94, with later C.P. Boundaries to 1974 " 199
Wellington and Wrockwardine: Roads c. 1770 " 200
Roads, Railways, and Canals around Wellington: the mid 19th Century " 202
Wellington Street Plan c. 1300 " 204
Wellington c. 1838. J. Wood, Plan of Wellington c. 1838 (copy in S.R.O. 746/5) pages 206-7
Wellington c. 1925. O.S. Map 6", Salop. XXXVI. SW. (1929 edn.) page 208
Wellington c. 1983. T.D.C. Telford Street Plan (1983) " 210
Hadley c. 1925. O.S. Map 6", Salop. XXXVI. SW. (1929 edn.) " 252
Ketley and Redlake c. 1925. O.S. Map 6", Salop. XXXVI. SW. (1929 edn.) " 266
Oakengates U.D. and C.P. 1934-66 " 283
Wombridge and Priorslee in the 1840s. From L.J.R.O., B/A/15, Wombridge; S.R.O. 1335/4/1-2; for Ketley Bank details cf. S.R.O. 972, parcel 245, plan of Ketley manor, 1794; O.S. Map 1", sheet 61 NE. (1833 edn.) " 287
Late 17th-Century Wrockwardine " 307
Wrockwardine Wood in 1847. From L.J.R.O., B/A/15, Wrockwardine Wood " 324
Wrockwardine Wood in 1882. From O.S. Maps 6", Salop. XXXVI. NW., NE., SE. (1889-90 edn.) " 327


<--Previous:
List of illustrations
Next:-->
Editorial note